Cyprus attractions

There are many Cyprus attractions varying from historical attractions such as medieval castles and interesting archaeological sites, to other cultural attractions which include beautiful villages, churches, monasteries and wineries found in various locations.

Apart from these, Cyprus has amazing beaches and coasts to offer, in which tourists or locals can spend their time relaxing and enjoying the sun, beach and crystal clear waters. Apart from the sea, Cyprus can also offer breath taking mountain views and clean fresh air in some of the amazing mountain resorts located near the Troodos mountain range.

Things to do and places to see in Cyprus

The chapel of Panagia Galatarkas is located the village of Pomos in the Paphos district. It   was constructed during the end of the 20th century. During the earlier years, before the Turkish period, there was a monastery dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The monastery was then destroyed during the Turkish period. Panagia Galatarka cured the pregnant women which suffered by pains or tumours...
Kalavasos is included in the water irrigation system of the Vasiliko-Pentashoinou project and has benefited by the construction of the Kalavasos Dam in the Larnaca district and the irrigation of an important area of land. The Dam is located about 5 kilometres northwest of the village and has a capacity of 17.000.000 cubical metres. Two plans of land consolidation were also imposed on the village.
Located 6 kilometres northwest of the village of Kalavasos in the Larnaca district , are the mines of Kalavasos. These mines have assisted in the employment of many people during its operation. The area of Kalavasos has many advantages and mainly due to the Vasilikos River which ensured the irrigation and water supply as well as the metal deposits in the area.
The Evretou Mosque is located in the Evretou Village in the Paphos district. The Mosque was built during the beginning of the 20th century and can be found on the main road of the small village. The Mosque was chosen to be part of the programme of the Cultural Heritage. The project focused on cleaning the area, including the wild grass and other plants around it, the digging for the water to go...
The Kalopanayiotis dam is located in the Kalopanayiotis village in the district of Nicosia. It was built in three years. It operated in 1966, has a capacity of 363 cubical metres and a height of 40 metres. It irrigates for a 500 yard area along the Setrachos River until the Lefka dam.
The Agia Marina chapel, the main church of the community is located in the entrance of Potamiou village in the Limassol district. It is a church made of three rooms, in a byzantine type architecture with a hexagonal dome which was constructed during the mid-16th century. In particular, according to the inscription on the south side of the temple it is dated in 1551. The church is built with stone...
To the west side of Potamiou village in the district of Limassol, are the ruins of the chapel dedicated to Agio Mnasona. It is a church of 300 A.D which shows the bold markings of time. The attempts to maintain and restore the chapel began in 2008 by the department of antiquities. The funds for the restoration and maintenance of the chapel came from fundraisers.  According to tradition, the...
In the village of Potamiou in the Limassol district there are the ruins of three chapels. One of these chapels was dedicated to Timio Prodromo. At the place where the chapel ones existed, is a prefabricated chapel which is dedicated to the honour of Timio Prodromo.
To the northwest of the Argaka village in the Paphos district , between the traditional houses is the central church of the village, dedicated to the Apostles Peter and Paul. According to tradition underneath the church, there was a cave where they buried babies.The apostles Peter and Paul were the doormen of heaven. The church which can be seen today was built on top of this cave, and was...
The Chapel of Saint George is about three or four kilometres in a forest southeast of the community of Argaka in Paphos. It is said that where the chapel is located was the old village called Eso Makounda. With the passing of time however the chapel was destroyed. It was rebuilt in the same place in 1989 with the help of the villagers. It is built with bricks and whitewashed. It can accommodate...
Tradition says that many years ago, east of the village of Argaka in the Paphos district and at a distance of about three kilometres there was a chapel dedicated to Agios Asomatos. With the passing of time though the chapel was destroyed. Today there is nothing left in this location apart from the ruins of the chapel and the tradition of the story.
The church of Agios Therapon is located in the centre of the village of Agios Therapontas  in the Limassol district. The construction of the church began in 1816 and was completed in 1880. It was officially opened in November 1910 from the Metropolite Meletio.According to tradition, the church of Agiou Theraponda was constructed at the point which the saint had showed on his way through the...

Pages