Cyprus attractions

There are many Cyprus attractions varying from historical attractions such as medieval castles and interesting archaeological sites, to other cultural attractions which include beautiful villages, churches, monasteries and wineries found in various locations.

Apart from these, Cyprus has amazing beaches and coasts to offer, in which tourists or locals can spend their time relaxing and enjoying the sun, beach and crystal clear waters. Apart from the sea, Cyprus can also offer breath taking mountain views and clean fresh air in some of the amazing mountain resorts located near the Troodos mountain range.

Things to do and places to see in Cyprus

To the south of the village of Agios Therapontas  in the Limassol district is a small chapel of byzantine architecture which is dedicated to the Virgin Mary Chrysospiliotissa. The chapel was built in 1928 and many years later it was renovated in both 1982 and 2000 without changing its architecture. According to tradition, the chapel was built in the position of an older temple from which...
To the southeast of the Argaka community in the Paphos district, is the dam known as Argaka-Makounda. This dam is the one that sends water to all the agricultural pieces of land in Argaka. It is a dam which was built in 1964, it has a height of 41 metres and a capacity of 990 thousand cubical metres. It is worth mentioning that on the 16th of January, the 2012 dam was the first in Paphos to fill...
The chapel of Agia Varvara is located at the Argaka village in the Paphos district. It used to operate as a monastery however we do not know exactly when it was built apart from the fact that it operated during the 18th during until 1821. The monastery belonged to the Patriarchy of Jerusalem and it accommodated one priest and two deacons. Today there is nothing saved, apart from the chapel of...
The old church of Panagia Chrysopantanassa was the main church in the village of Agrokipia in the Nicosia district until 1990, when the new church was built. It is built at the northeast part of the community centre.The icons of the church witness that it was built about 1700 and 1750 A.D. It was opened by Mr. Philip who became a monk and died in Agio Oros. There is also the version that the...

Pages