Cyprus villages

Cyprus has a lot of villages in its four cities, Nicosia, Limassol, Larnaca and Paphos. According to the area, the village will have a different climate, scene, activities and attractions.

While most villages are near mountains there are also many villages near the sea. Life in the village is quiet, peaceful and relaxing. This is why so many people have holiday houses and visit their villages when they have free time. There are so many things to do in the villages such as walking, hiking, rock climbing, camping, and sightseeing. You can also sit and relax at a coffee house or have some delicious food in a traditional tavern.

Most villages have a lot of history to offer so there will also be ancient monuments or attractions of some sort. You can find all the villages located in the various cities, in the list below.

Cyprus villages map

Displaying 107 villages.

Cyprus villages by location (district)

Acheritou is an occupied village in the Ammochostos district. It is located west of Saint Nicholas which is a part of the Dekelia British bases. After the Turkish invasion in 1974, it was inhabited completely by Turkish settlers.
Agia Irene is a beautiful, small village in the Nicosia district. It is built in the southern end and at the same time the tallest point in the Elia valley. From Agia Irene, someone can enjoy the wonderful view towards the green Madari or follow the nature path which begins from the village centre and there someone can see the majestic view of the Morphou bay.
Agia Marina (Skylloura) is the only Maronites village located in the district of Nicosia, more specifically 24 kilometres west of the capital. It took its name from the Saint Marina. Before the Turkish invasion in 1974, Agia Marina had around 700 residents. Today its population is 1000 people who are scattered in various areas in Cyprus.
Agia Marina Xyliatou, the small and beautiful village in the district of Nicosia is about 40 kilometres away from the capital. It is built at the the foot of the Troodos mountain at an altitude of 450 metres above the sea level. At a one kilometre distance from the village towards the south, is the green and beautiful forest “Adelfoi”.
Agia Marinouda is located in an idyllic location on a hill which overlooks the sea. The visitors of the village as well as the permanent residents can enjoy the cool breeze which blows during the summer months which is a special characteristic of the village. The church is dedicated to Agia Marina, from whom the village received its name from.
Agia Varvara is located about 22 kilometres south of the district of Nicosia and it is built at an altitude of 310 metres from the sea level. The village is characterised from many barren and uncultivated pieces of land. In the field, wheat, olive trees and vineyards are cultivated. Almond trees are true ornaments especially in Spring.
Agia Varvara is located in eastern Paphos and is at an altitude of 95 meters from the sea. It is located at the Paphos valley at an elevation at the right side of the Ezousa river bank.  The river bed which is next to the village is quite wide, even though a large part of it has been transferred into a cultivated area.
AgioiTrimithias is a village in the district of Nicosia and is located 18km southwest of Nicosia.
Agios Amrosios is a large Greek community in the occupied district of Kerynia in Cyprus. Before the Turkish invasion in Cyprus in 1974, only Greek Cypriots lived there. The community population in 1960 was 1508 residents, and in 1973 was 1543 residents. The borders of the village expand from Pentadaktylos until the sea.

Pages

Alethriko is a village in the Larnaca district which is located in a privileged position between three districts. It is 15 minutes away from Larnaca, 30 minutes away from Nicosia and Limassol accordingly. According to the inventory of 2001 it has 793 residents. Alethriko is located in a green plane and Stavrovouni is in the background.
The beautiful village of Anglisides is located 17 kilometres southwest of the town of Larnaca. Anglisides is located on the west part of Larnaca, between Larnaca and Kofinou, but also in the south part of Stavrovouni. Anglisides is a village which has met significant development, due to its geographical location as well as the project which are programmed to take place.
Aradippou is a municipality of Cyprus in the Laranaca district. It has a population of 11,448 and an extent of 42,982 square kilometres. It was officially recognised as a municipality on the 23rd of February 1986 and is located northeast of Larnaca. At the town limits there is the Rizaelia Forest. The protector of the municipality is Saint Loukas.
Athienou is a suburb in the Larnaca district in Cyprus. It is one of the three villages which are built in the United Nations dead zone. Specifically 65% of the municipality is occupied. It has a population of 4.500 residents and a developed industrial zone.
Avdellero is a village in the Larnaca District of Cyprus, located 8 km south of Athienou.The community of Avdellero was always habited by Greeks and according to formal statistics, the population was always very little. In 1881, when the first inventory was completed by the British government the community only had 47 residents.
Choirokitia is the best well-maintained prehistoric community in Cyprus, which is dated from the later phase of the Neolithic period (around 700 B.C). In 1998 it was announced as a monument of World heritage by UNESCO.  The name has possibly come from the word choirokitia which states the use of palmistry. Another opinion is that it possibly came from the word ierokotida which means holly area.
Kofinou is a village in Cyprus, in the district of Larnaca. It previously used to be split up into Upper and Lower Kofinou. It is located 24 kilometres South-west of Larnaca at an altitude of 150 metres from the highway between Nicosia and Limassol. It is 40 kilometres from the capital city of Nicosia.
Lefkara is a province in the Larnaca district and an independent municipality of Cyprus. The village is known for its embroidery as well as its silverware. The name comes from the white colour of the limestone in the surrounding mountains.
The village Maroni is located at the southern part of Cyprus. It belongs to the district of Larnaca. It has about 800 residents who deal with agriculture.it neighbours with the villages Zigi and Psematismenos. It is built on a hill about 4 kilometres from the beach. History

Pages

Acheritou is an occupied village in the Ammochostos district. It is located west of Saint Nicholas which is a part of the Dekelia British bases. After the Turkish invasion in 1974, it was inhabited completely by Turkish settlers.
Agios Georgios Spatharikou is an occupied village in the Ammochostos district in the area of Mesaoria. It borders with the villages Apathariko, Arnadi and Sigrasi. It is 18 kilometres away from the town of Ammochostos and it is located at an altitude of 20 metres. During the inventory in 1940, it had 421 residents, in 1960 446 residents, and in 1973 464 residents.
Akanthou is an occupied village of Cyprus in the Ammochostos district and is an independent municipality. Its temporary seat is Aglantzia due to its occupation. It is located to the northwest of Ammochostos and has an altitude of 200 metres.
Assia is a village in the Ammochostos district at the occupied north part of Cyprus. Assia is the birthplace of Agios Spiridonas.
Avgorou is a village in the non-occupied part of Ammochostos and it belongs to the Kokkinohoria. Its name comes from the baths of the Salamina King Evagoras, which are located in the community. In the Avgorou village there are many Byzantine and post-Byzantine churches. The largest church in the village is that of Saint Peter and Saint Paul.
Ayia Napa is a small town in the Ammochostos (Famagusta) district and an independent municipality since 1986. Ayia Napa is located at the south east part of Cyprus, west of Gape Greco and it is about 10 km north of Paralimni.
Derynia is a suburb of Cyprus in the Ammochostos district and is an independent municipality since 1994. The 75% of the municipality is under the Turkish occupation, which is nearly all the agricultural land and the beach zone. In the local sights there is a folklore museum and the temple of the Virgin Mary which was built during the 16th century.
Gypsou is a community in the occupational district of Ammochostos, also known locally as “Sakkohori” as in the past, the residents dealt with the construction of wool sacks. It is located 22 kilometres northwest of Ammochostos in the geographical area of Mesaoria.
Lefkoniko is an occupied province and has been an independent municipality in Cyprus in the district of Ammochostos. It is located in the northeast area of Mesaoria at an altitude of 200 metres and its area reaches the mountain Pentadaktylos.

Pages

Agios Athanasios is a suburb in Limassol and an independent municipality in Cyprus since 1986. It is located 3 km from Limassol and owes its name to the Saint Athanasios. Its population is about 15,000 residents.
Agios Konstantinos is a village in the Limassol district. It is the only village which comes by the name Agios Konstantinos. It is built at the foothills of Papoutsas at an altitude of 700 metres (2300 feet) from the sea surface, and is about 30 kilometres from Limassol. According to the inventory in 2001 it has 164 residents.
Agios Tichonas is a tourist village a few kilometres east of Limassol. According to the 2011 inventory it had a population of 3458 residents. It neighbours with the communities of Moutagiaka, Pirgos and Armenochori. Earlier on there was a church dedicated to Agio Tichona.
Agros is a village in the Limassol district in Cyprus. According to the inventory of 2011, it had 806 residents. Agros is built amphitheatrically between tall mountains at an altitude of 1100 metres.   Founding and name
Avdimou is a village in the Limassol district. According to the 2011 inventory it had 535 residents. Until 1963 the village was mainly inhabited by Turkish Cypriots but there were also some Greek Cypriots. In 1963, after the communal disturbances the Greek Cypriots abandoned the village.
Dierona is a village in the Limassol district in Cyprus. The village is located 20 kilometres northeast of Limassol and is built on a semi-mountain area with an altitude of about 460 metres. East of the village at about 500 metres there is a river of Germasogia. Dierona is 2 kilometres from the village Arakapas and it neighbours with two other villages, Kellaki and Praskio.
Episcope is a village which is located in the Limassol district and part of it reaches the British Bases of Akrotiri and Dhekelia. It is about 14kilometres from Limassol and 40 kilometres from Paphos. It is built on the hill of the ancient Curium and is close to the Kouris River. Episcope of Limassol belongs to the church of Cyprus.
Finikaria is a village in the Limassol district in Cyprus. Natural Geography
Kato Polemidia is a suburb at the northwest of Limassol and an independent municipality of Cyprus since 1986. The municipality is 5km from Limassol, and has an extent of 2.130 hectares, a population of 22,115 residents. Administratively, it has 6 parishes, Saint Nicholas, Virgin Mary Evangelistria, Archangel Michael, Apostle Varnava, Makarios ‘C and Anthoupoli.

Pages

Acheritou is an occupied village in the Ammochostos district. It is located west of Saint Nicholas which is a part of the Dekelia British bases. After the Turkish invasion in 1974, it was inhabited completely by Turkish settlers.
Agia Irene is a beautiful, small village in the Nicosia district. It is built in the southern end and at the same time the tallest point in the Elia valley. From Agia Irene, someone can enjoy the wonderful view towards the green Madari or follow the nature path which begins from the village centre and there someone can see the majestic view of the Morphou bay.
Agia Marina (Skylloura) is the only Maronites village located in the district of Nicosia, more specifically 24 kilometres west of the capital. It took its name from the Saint Marina. Before the Turkish invasion in 1974, Agia Marina had around 700 residents. Today its population is 1000 people who are scattered in various areas in Cyprus.
Agia Marina Xyliatou, the small and beautiful village in the district of Nicosia is about 40 kilometres away from the capital. It is built at the the foot of the Troodos mountain at an altitude of 450 metres above the sea level. At a one kilometre distance from the village towards the south, is the green and beautiful forest “Adelfoi”.
Agia Marinouda is located in an idyllic location on a hill which overlooks the sea. The visitors of the village as well as the permanent residents can enjoy the cool breeze which blows during the summer months which is a special characteristic of the village. The church is dedicated to Agia Marina, from whom the village received its name from.
Agia Varvara is located about 22 kilometres south of the district of Nicosia and it is built at an altitude of 310 metres from the sea level. The village is characterised from many barren and uncultivated pieces of land. In the field, wheat, olive trees and vineyards are cultivated. Almond trees are true ornaments especially in Spring.
Agia Varvara is located in eastern Paphos and is at an altitude of 95 meters from the sea. It is located at the Paphos valley at an elevation at the right side of the Ezousa river bank.  The river bed which is next to the village is quite wide, even though a large part of it has been transferred into a cultivated area.
AgioiTrimithias is a village in the district of Nicosia and is located 18km southwest of Nicosia.
Agios Amrosios is a large Greek community in the occupied district of Kerynia in Cyprus. Before the Turkish invasion in Cyprus in 1974, only Greek Cypriots lived there. The community population in 1960 was 1508 residents, and in 1973 was 1543 residents. The borders of the village expand from Pentadaktylos until the sea.

Pages

Agia Marinouda is located in an idyllic location on a hill which overlooks the sea. The visitors of the village as well as the permanent residents can enjoy the cool breeze which blows during the summer months which is a special characteristic of the village. The church is dedicated to Agia Marina, from whom the village received its name from.
Agia Varvara is located in eastern Paphos and is at an altitude of 95 meters from the sea. It is located at the Paphos valley at an elevation at the right side of the Ezousa river bank.  The river bed which is next to the village is quite wide, even though a large part of it has been transferred into a cultivated area.
Agios Nikolaos village is one of the most picturesque villages of Paphos. Years ago, the Agios Nikolaos village was one of the biggest and most important vine villages of the island. Nowadays, the village is considered small as most of its inhabitants moved to the city centres but the village attracts locals and tourists with its beautiful area and picturesque sceneries.
Anarita is a village located in the Paphos district, and is located 12 kilometres northeast of Paphos. The village is built at an average altitude of 105 metres above the sea. The bas relief which continues from marine terraces at the northwest, begins to go up at the north, where the altitude reaches 254 metres.
Choletria village is a village in the Paphos District of Cyprus, located 10 km north of Kouklia. Begin from the roundabout of Konia and follow the direction to Limassol.
The village of Kallepia is located in the district of Paphos. It is a mountainous village built at an altitude of 590 metres. It is located 13 kilometres northeast of the Paphos town, in the geographical range of the vineyards of Limassol and Paphos. Historical Information
Kelokedara is a village located in the Paphos district of Cyprus, about 6 km southwest of Salamiou village. It is located 33 km east of the town of Paphos at an altitude of about 700 metres between the Paoura Mountain and the Xeropotamos valley.
Kouklia  is a village in the Paphos District, about 16 kilometres from the city of Paphos on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. It is about 40 kilometres west of the town of Limassol, at an average altitude of 85 metres from the sea surface.
The community of Lasa is located in the district of Paphos in Cyprus. It neighbours with the communities of Drimou, Simou, Fiti and Milia. According to the inventory of 91 residents. The chapel of Saint Prodromos, Ermolaos and the park of the village are places which someone can see in the village. The village has also organised the festival called “Lasia”.  

Pages