The Agios Mamas Chapel is situated in the Paralimni area of the Ammochostos district. It was built in 1930 by Dimitris Kalogiros.

Dimitris wanted to make the village even more magnificent so he decided to build a church which in the end was dedicated to Agio Mama.

It is a small simple chapel that is whitewashed and covered with roof tiles. The most precious thing in the small church is the icon of Agios Mamas who is presented on a lion, holding a lamb while Christ blesses him from the side.

Due to the fact that the central church of Paralimni is dedicated to Agio Georgio, two churches cannot be celebrated on the same day. Therefore Agios Mamas remains the protector of the farmers and the livestock owners. The chapel celebrated on the 2nd of September in honour of the saint.

Agios Mamas Chapel, Paralimni photos: 
agios mamas church
agios mamas church
  • agios mamas church
  • agios mamas paralimni
Agios Mamas Chapel, Paralimni location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Old Church Panagia Chryseleousa, Athienou

The Old Church Panagia Chryseleousa is located in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It was built in 1711 which is the date in...

Panagia Chryseleousa Church, Athienou

The Panagia Chryseleousa Church is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and was b...

Agiou Georgiou Church, Athienou

The Agiou Georgiou Church is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It was built around 1880 as the inscription states...

Agiou Foka Church, Athienou

The Agiou Foka Church is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. The church is dated at the same era as the Agios Georg...

Kallinikeio Museum – Athienou

The Kallinikeio Museum is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It is housed in the Kallinikeio Municipal Hall, along...

Agiou Epifaniou Church, Athienou

The Agiou Epifaniou Church is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It was built in 1994 at the edge of the village w...