Ancient monument

Gefiri tou Roudia (Roudia Venetian Bridge)

roudia bridge
roudia bridge cyprus
roudia bridge paphos

The Gefiri tou Roudia Bridge (Roudia Venetian Bridge) is located at a smaller river off the Xeros River, in an overgrown area in the Paphos Forest, in the Paphos district.The location is very isolated inside the forest, but relatively easy by car thorough the dirt road towards the

Agia Paraskevi Church - Geroskipou

Agia Paraskevi church is located in the vilage of Geroskipou in Paphos. The Byzantine church of Agia Paraskevi is worldwide recognised as an extremely significant example of Byzantine architecture, dating back to the 9th century A.D.

Agiou Lazarou Church - Larnaca

The church of Agiou Lazarou is built on the beach zone of Larnaca and is a worshiping centre of Agiou Lazarou in Cyprus. The relationship of the saint with the apostles on the island was close. After his rising Agios Lazaros fed to Cyprus where he met with Apostles Paul and Varnava who made him an episcope of Kiti. Sources mention that he was buried in a marble Larnaca which had an inscription on it which stated: The four day Lazaros and friend of Christ.

Agiou Lazarou Church 1
Agiou Lazarou Church 2

Agios Nikolaos tis Stegis Church - Troodos

Agios Nikolaos tis Stegis Church or Saint Nicholas of the Roof is situated in a central area of the Troodos mountain range, in the upper Solea valley. In 1985, UNESCO inscribed the church on its World Heritage List which includes nine other painted Byzantine churches of the Troodos range.

Agios Andronikos Church - Polis Chrysochous

The church of Agios Andronikos is located in Polis – Chrysochous, in the Paphos district.

It is a one room church with an arch and is a temple of small dimensions. It can be dated back to the 16th century as it decorated with very important iconographies which belong to the Venetian period (1489-1570).

Agia Katerini Royal Chapel (Vasiliko) - Pyrga

The Royal Chapel of Agia Katerini is located at a small distance from the Nicosia-Limassol Highway at the west end of the village Pyrga.  It is built at a low hill which looks over a smaller river of the River Trimithos.

The chapel was built and decorated in 1421/22 according to an inscription which lost today. It must be noted that there is also the possibility that the chapel was dedicated to Το the Pathos of Sotiros.

Timios Stavros Church - Agiasmati

Stavros tou Agiasmati Church is located in the mountains of Troodos, in the centre area of Cyprus and is considered as one of the most magnificent monuments of byzantine art.

This concerns some iconographies on churches which are saved today and depict various movement of Byzantine and Meta-Byzantine art from the 11th until the 19th century. Ten of these churches have been added onto the list of the UNESCO World Heritage programme. 

Stavros tou Agiasmati

Panagia tou Moutoulla Church

Panagia tou Moutoulla church is one of the ten churches of the mountain range of Troodos that have been listed as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO.

The monument is located in the valley of Marathasa, on a hill above the village of Moutoulla.In Greek the name the church translates to "Παναγία του Μουτουλλά".

Panagia tou Moutoulla
Panagia tou Moutoulla church

Pages