Panagia tou Moutoulla church is one of the ten churches of the mountain range of Troodos that have been listed as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO.
The monument is located in the valley of Marathasa, on a hill above the village of Moutoulla.In Greek the name the church translates to "Παναγία του Μουτουλλά".
The church of Panagia tou Moutoulla was built in 1280 and follows the architectural type of the single-aisled, steep-pitched timber roof, a common in the region of Troodos. The narthex was added later, in the 16th century.
The interior of the church is decorated with significant paintings of the 13th century, with the donation of Ioannis of Moutoulas and his wife. The style and the iconographic programme of the paintings are a mixture of older 12th century Byzantine characteristics with elements from the western art.
Location: Moutoullas, Troodos
- Operating period: All year round
- Operating hours: Please ask for the custodian at the village coffee-shop
- Tel: +357 22 952 345