The mosque in Kalavasos in the Larnaca district, has been a worshipping area for the minority of the Muslims who lived in the village for about a century. An articular the mosque was abandoned in 1967 when the Muslims moved to the neighbouring village of Mari in 1967.

The mosque was probably built in the village around the end of the 19th century near the main church of the village in the main square. It is worth noting that the Mosque has recently been maintained by the Turkish Cypriot Fund in the Larnaca District.

Kalavasos Mosque photos: 
Kalavasos Mosque location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Armyropigado beach (Scouts beach)

The Armyropigado beach or Scouts beach is located in the Kappari area of Protaras and has a length of 100 metres and a width of 30 metres. ...

Skoutarospyloi Beach

Skoutarospylioi beach is located at the outreach of Kappari Avenue in Protaras, after the Protaras – Cavo Greco roundabout and in particul...

Ayia Triada Beach, Paralimni

The Ayia Triada Beach (Αγία Τριάδα) or Trinity Beach as it is called in English, is situated in the Paralimni area in the Ammochos...

Protaras Ocean Aquarium

The Protaras Ocean Aquarium is located in the area of Protaras in Cyprus. The aquarium is the home to over 1000 species such as piranhas,...

Ayia Triada Fishing Harbour, Paralimni

The Ayia Triada Fishing Harbour is situated three kilometres from Paralimni in the Ammochostos district. More specifically it is situated in...

Ayia Triada Chapel, Paralimni

The Ayia Triada Chapel or Agios Trias or Trinity Church is situated three kilometres from Paralimni in the Ammochostos district. More specif...

Pages