The village of Vretsia is situated in the Paphos district. It is located on the road towards the villages of Pano Panayia, Axylou, Amargeti, Pentalia, Galataria and Koilineia.
Vretsia is an abandoned Turkish Cypriot village that was deserted by its inhabitants after the Turkish invasion in 1974. The Turkish Cypriot residents were forced to leave their houses and move to the north of Cyprus after being ordered by the Turkish troops.
According to the inventory, during 1946 the village had 393 residents while the decreased slightly in 1960, dropping to 386 residents. After the war the residents were only 5 in 1982 and 3 in 1992.
The last inventory took place in 2001 with no residents.
Vretsia Village location map: