Paphos Acropolis is made up of ancient ruins and buildings of great historical value.

The Acropolis is situated near the new Paphos Lighthouse, in the Paphos Archaeological Park. It was  built in the second century and the Odeon is made of pure limestone. Today it is used to stage musical and live performances.

The ancient Odeum is semi circular in shape with 12 rows of seats. It occupied an important place in ancient Cypriot history and even today with the influx of tourists its value has not diminished. To the south of the Odean are the remains of the Roman temple of Asclepius, God of Medicine and to the north are remains of ancient town walls.

Paphos Odeon is not just a tourist attraction but it is also considered as one of the best amphitheatres for live musical and theatrical performances. Every year the Paphos Choir festival and Rhythms of Light festival injects life into the Paphos Odeon with some of the best choirs and spectacular dance performances.

 

Paphos Acropolis - Odeon photos: 
Paphos Acropolis - Odeon video: 
Paphos Acropolis - Odeon location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Paphos Municipality beach

The most popular beach for the residents of Paphos. This beach is located in the heart of Kato Paphos which is the main tourist area. It is ...

Alykes Beach

Alykes Beach is situated in the centre of the tourist area in Kato Paphos between the beaches of the Municipal Baths and Vrisoudia B. I...

Vrisoudia ΙΙ Beach, Paphos

Vrisoudia Beach is an impressive sandy beach which is located near the hotels of the tourist area in Poseidonos Avenue, in Kato Paphos. It ...

Tombs of the Kings - Paphos

The Tombs of the Kings or “Τάφοι των Βασιλέων" in Greek is situated in the Paphos district. More specifically it is locate...

Kostis Palama Square / Erotas Square , Paphos

Kostis Palama Square or Erotas Square is situated in the heart of Ktima in Pano Paphos. More specifically visitors will come across it while...

Paphos Municipal Library

The Paphos Municipal Library was founded in 1946 , by the mayor of Paphos Christodoulo Galatopoulo (1943-1953), whose name was given to the ...

Pages