To the south of the village of Agios Therapondas, in the Limassol district is a small chapel of byzantine architecture which is dedicated to the Virgin Mary Chrisospiliotissa.
The chapel was built in 1928 and many years later it was renovated in both 1982 and 2000 without changing its architecture.
According to tradition, the chapel was built in the position of an older temple from which there are no remains left. It is worth mentioning that under the church, there are caves in which monks lived in.
During the era when the Christians were chased, the caves were a hiding point for the monks. From a hole in the cave the villagers gave them food and fruit. Also they received water by placing a jug in which rain would fall into.
Virgin Mary Chrisospiliotissa Chapel photos:
Virgin Mary Chrisospiliotissa Chapel video:
Virgin Mary Chrisospiliotissa Chapel location map: