The Lefkara Dam is located in the Larnaca district. It is located at an equivalent distance between Nicosia (32 kilometres), Limassol (48 kilometres) and Larnaca (42 kilometres).

The access to the dam is from a dirt road which meets the paved road and connects the villages of Pano Lefkara and Lythrodontas. The dam was built in 1973 over the Pentaschoinos River at an altitude of about 400 metres and has a capacity of 13.9 million cubical metes.

It is a very beautiful environment and there are some good hiking areas which also make it the ideal area for mountain biking and exploring. The mountain peak called Jionia is visible in the horizon. The fish in the lake include carp, roach and sea bass.

 

Name:

Lefkara Dam

Location:

Larnaca District

Year built:

1962

River:

Setrachos

Purpose:

Irrigation

Type:

Gravity

Dam category:

Large

Capacity:

368.000m³

Lefkara Dam photos: 
lefkaradam1
lefkaradam1
Lefkara Dam video: 
Lefkara Dam location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Old Church Panagia Chryseleousa, Athienou

The Old Church Panagia Chryseleousa is located in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It was built in 1711 which is the date in...

Panagia Chryseleousa Church, Athienou

The Panagia Chryseleousa Church is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and was b...

Agiou Georgiou Church, Athienou

The Agiou Georgiou Church is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It was built around 1880 as the inscription states...

Agiou Foka Church, Athienou

The Agiou Foka Church is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. The church is dated at the same era as the Agios Georg...

Kallinikeio Museum – Athienou

The Kallinikeio Museum is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It is housed in the Kallinikeio Municipal Hall, along...

Agiou Epifaniou Church, Athienou

The Agiou Epifaniou Church is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It was built in 1994 at the edge of the village w...