Location: Troodos- Platres
Route 1 :
350 metres from the main road of Troodos Square – Platres, at a distance of 3 kilometres from the square. Access to this starting point is also though the old Troodos – Platres road, after the summer residence of the president.
Route 2: Tall Tree further up from Platres.
Length: 3 kilometres
Time: 1, 5 hours hiking
Points of Interest:
Starting from the Troodos square, the nature trail passes through a thick forest and follows the course along the Kryos River which has water permanently. It passes thou9gh the Caledonia waterfall and ends at the Tall Tree in Platres.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Caledonia Nature Trail photos:
Caledonia Nature Trail location map: