Location: Germasogeia Dam
Starting Point: About 5 kilometres from the main road of Pareklisia – Kellaki via dirt and forest roads. It ends at the Germasogeia Dam.
Length: Two routes
Route 1: The first route ends at the Germasogeia Dam with a total length of 11 kilometres.
Route 2: The second route is circular with a length of 3, 7 kilometres.
Route 1: 3 - 3, 5 hours hiking
Route 2: 1, 5 hours hiking
Route 1: 3 (downhill in the beginning)
Route 2: 2 (downhill in the beginning)
Points of Interest:
In the beginning the trail is part of the forest, a short course along the Kyparissia River and then a panoramic view towards the Germasoyia Dam and Limassol. The nature trail goes through the forest with rare clusters of Cypress trees (Cupressus sempervirens var. horizontalis).
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)