Starting Point: Children’s playground at Prodromos Community
Length: 3 kilometres
Time: 1 – 1, 5 hours hiking
Points of Interest:
The nature trail passes through clusters of black pine (Pinus nigra subsp pallasiana) .From various parts of the nature trail there is a panoramic view towards the Valley of Marathasa , the Morphou Bay , Kykkos Monastery , Tripylo and Vouni of Panagia. At the Zoumi location the nature trail connects with the Prodromos Dam – Stavroulia nature trail.
The nature trail can become circular if the visitor uses the Prodromos – Troodos road with an additional distance of 2, 7 kilometres.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Prodromos – Zoumi Nature Trail photos:
Prodromos – Zoumi Nature Trail location map: