Location: Akamas Forest
Starting Point: Smigies Picnic Site, 2.5 kilometres west of Neo Chorio, in the Akamas Forest.
Length: 3 kilometres
Time: 1, 5 hours
Points of Interest:
Rich natural pine and other tree vegetation. Viewpoints towards the Chrysochous Bay to the northeast and the Akama beaches to the west. Panoramic view from the top. The starting point is near that of the Smygies Nature Trail which is connected with the Adonis and Aphrodite Nature Trails until the Baths of Aphrodite.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Pissouromoutti Nature Trail photos:
Pissouromoutti Nature Trail location map: