Location : Stavros tis Psokas –Pyrgo Tyllirias
District : Paphos
Starting Point: Selladi tou Stavrou 3 kilometres, above the Stavros tis Psokas at the crossroads towards Kykkos, Stavros tis Psokas and Pyrgo Tyllirias.
Length: 2, 5 kilometres
Time: 1 hour walking
Points of Interest:
A pathway through the heart of the Paphos Forest , which goes through a natural forest of pine trees , with a great view towards the Morphou bay and the east side of the Akamas Peninsula. At a crossroad which the visitor will meet , at a distance of about 500 metres from the start , the course towards the left will lead to the helicopter pad of Stavros tis Psokas ( at a distance 1,5 km). To the right of the trail, the pathway will lead to the circular trail which will eventually lead to the starting point. There is also access towards the fire station Zacharou of the Forest Department.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)