The Panayia Katafygiotissa Church is located in the south part of the village of Platanistasa in the Nicosia district. It is situated at the Gounari on the hilltop location Katofidi in a majestic pine area.
The chapel was built with a lot of love by the residents of the village towards the mother of Christ, the mother of all believers and Christians, during the difficult years of the epic fight of EOKA 1955-59.
The chapel is built under the shade of a tremithia (terebinth tree) which protected the Greek children of the village during the hideous child snatching of the Turks.
It is the wish of all residents that this small chapel is renovated and that the area surrounding it becomes an area of relaxation for the visitors as well as the locals in Platanistassa.
Panayia Katafygiotissa Church photos:
Panayia Katafygiotissa Church location map: