The Agiou Andronikou and Agia Athanasia Chapel is located in the village of Kalopanayiotis in the Nicosia district. The particular chapel is a remarkable ancient monument and is under the maintenance of the Department of Antiquities in Cyprus.
It is made up of the Holy altar, the main part of the temple and the splint. It has a pointed tiled roof as all the byzantine chapels of the village and maintains the large number of murals dated to the 16th century.
Unfortunately the south wall of the temple collapsed due to its bad maintenance and were destroyed along with the murals. Today we can admire the west wing and the arch of the Holy altar with the Virgin Mary amongst the archangels. At the north wall, there are zones with Saints such as Saint Vechianos, Petros and Pavlos, Antonios, Savvas, Agia Varvara and Agia Paraskevi. The icon of Agion Andronikou and Athanasia (13th -14th century) and was stolen in 1936 and was found in New York after 70 years and is one of the assets in the icon treasury. The temple is celebrated on the 9th of October.