Traditional Olive Mill
In 1930 the Olive mill was transferred from the basement of the all-girls school of Agros, to the traditional house in which it is located in today. The traditional house is situated next to the Church of Ioanni Prodromou. The handheld system which the oil producers used to take the oil is in excellent condition. The press, the grinder and the mill stones along with other tools form a small Folkart Museum. The house is built stone, wood and it has a tiled roof. The project was completed under the guidance of the Antiquities Department of Cyprus.
Similar to the Olive mill for the Virgin Mary of Agros, it was located until 1949 next to the Kaoura water tap. It was demolished for the creation of the electric generator of Vrasiida Irinarchou and was transferred between the Panagia Eleousa church and the Primary school, where the mill stones still exist.
The Olive-mill of the Church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos - Agros Village photos:
The Olive-mill of the Church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos - Agros Village location map: