The main church in the village of Arediou is dedicated to Agios Georgios and is located in the center of the village in the Nicosia district.
It is a one room temple of the 20th century and the dimensions of the church are 11.30m and 26.40m. The templo of the church was constructed in 1945.
The church was built in the position of another smaller one which was demolished in order to build the church today. The only remainders from the older church is the templo which is now located in the temple of Agion Iliofoton in the abandoned village of Agioi Iliofotoi as well as an icon of the Virgin Mary and some other tools. Its construction began in 1908 and was completed in 1915. In addition, its opening ceremony was on the 2nd of May 1921.
The people in charge of the creation of the church were priest Paparnavas Hadjipieri and the treasurer Michael Michael while the two builders Nikolas Milopitta and Kosta Hadjipieri are also well known.
It is remarkable that all the residents of the village worked every week in order to compete the church. Even women helped by transferring stones.
Agios Georgios Church - Arediou Village photos:
Agios Georgios Church - Arediou Village location map: