Location: Gerakies – Kykkos
Starting Point: From the Tree Tops Hotel, a little further from the village Gerakies towards Kykkos.
Length: 3, 3 kilometres
Time: 1-1, 5 hours walking
Points of Interest:
An interesting view point is the great view and the possibility of visiting the fire lookout station of Kavallos at the highest point in the trail. It passes through the graphic village of Gerakies, the Valley of Marathassa built on a mountain slope with rich vegetation on the edge of the Paphos Forest. It goes uphill south of the Tree Tops hotel and follows downhill until it becomes circular on the main road of Gerakies – Kykkos for about 800 metres.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Ariadni Nature Trail photos:
Ariadni Nature Trail location map: