Starting Point: In the Kalopanayiotis village, at a point in the road which goes downhill from the main road in the village centre towards the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Lambadistis.
Length: 4 kilometres
Time: 1, 5 hours hiking
Points of Interest:
The nature trail passes through private properties with vine trees and citrus trees, passed the Water Mill of Kykkos which is located near the Serachis River, rich vegetation and asses the old bridge which transferred water for the fields in the area. It also passes from the Natural Springs of Kalopanagioti and the Monastery of Agios Ioannis Lambadistis which is included in the list of the UNESO Cultural Heritage. It continues to the river banks of Setrachi River and goes uphill towards the Oikou village for some distance and the then goes downhill to the river until it reaches the Spring of Faragga.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Kalopanayiotis - Oikou Nature Trail photos:
Kalopanayiotis - Oikou Nature Trail location map: