Location: Pachyammos – Kato Pyrgos
Starting Point: Akoni (Monument of Fallen soldiers of Lorovounou) at a point in the Pachyammos – Kato Pyrgos road.
Length: 2 kilometres (1, 4 kilometres of a dirt road and 0, 6 kilometres of a nature trail)
Time: 1 hour walking
Points of Interest:
View points in the areas of Kato Pyrgos , Pachyammos and the occupied area of Kokkina. Within the trail there is a monument for the fallen soldiers during the battle of 1964. Its aim wasn’t to be a nature trail but to give access to the historical location of Lourovounos.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Lorovounos Nature Trail photos:
Lorovounos Nature Trail location map: