Location : Latsi - Akamas
District : Paphos
Starting Point: Baths of Aphrodite
Length: 7, 5 kilometres
Time: 3-4 hours walking
Points of interest:
According to tradition, the Baths of Aphrodite is the area which the Greek Goddess of Beauty - Aphrodite bathed. Also another point of interest is the Rigena Tower ruins which are believed to have belonged to a medieval monastery.
The nature forests of pine are characteristic in this area. It should be noted that there is a perennial oak tree which is located near the ruins of the tower. Along the length of the nature trail there are points which an excellent view towards Cape Arnaouti , Polis Chrysochous and the Paphos Forest.
At a point in the nature trail, near the Tower of Rigena ruins, there is a water fountain with drinkable water and another between the Baths of Aphrodite and Kakoskali. The nature trail of Aphrodite and the Adonis nature trail both have the part Loutra – Pyrgos Rigenas in common.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)