The church of Agia Paraskevi is located in the village of Mathiatis, in the Nicosia district.
It was built in 1728 as it is inscribed on a large plaque on the exterior of the church. The plaque also states the name of the donator, Christodoulis.
On the roof of the church there are 22 dishes, which according to tradition represent a Christian family. This is the reason why it is believed that there were 22 Christian families that lived very close to the church.
Agia Paraskevi is considered to be the protector of eyes according to the church. Many residents of the village as well as foreigners who have had problems with their eyes or been blind have gone to the various churches of Agia Paraskevi with offerings, as well as crossed their eyes with oil and have been cured.
The church celebrates the memory of Agia Paraskevi on the 26th of July.