Saint George Church - Pachyammos

The Saint George Church was the main church in the community of Pachyammos before the temple of Agios Raphael was built.

This temple along with all the other temples in the area were destroyed by the Turks during August in 1964. The fury of the Turks was extreme in particular with this church.

The residents tried to fix it temporary. In 1992 with the assistance of the Metropolite of Paphos Chrysostomos B’, the temple was restored.

Saint George Church - Pachyammos photos: 
Saint George Church - Pachyammos location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Pachyammos Village

Geographically the village of Pachyammos belongs to the district of Nicosia. The community of Pachyammos was created after 1931 and it built...

Agios Raphael Church - Pachyammos

The Agios Rapahel Church is located in Pachyammos village, at the foothills of Lorovonou, in an area which difficult battles had taken place...

Pomos port

The seaside possession of the village assisted in the fishing development. In the seaside near the Pomos cape there is a fishing r...

Lorovounos Nature Trail

Location: Pachyammos – Kato Pyrgos District: Paphos Starting Point: Akoni (Monument of Fallen soldiers of Lorovounou) at a point in...

Gefiri tou Livadiou Picnic Site

The Gefiri tou Livadiou Picnic Site is located on the forest road of Pomos-Stavros tis Psokas 13 kilometres from Pomos , near the road in th...

Pomos Village

History The community of Pomos is located 60 kilometres northeast of Paphos in the geographical district of Tillyria. The village is bui...

Pages