The Agios Nikolaos Chapel is situated in the Paralimni area in the Ammochostos district. More specifically it is located in the Protaras area, in front of the small fishing port where the fishermen tie their boats, and the Golden Coast Hotel. The chapel is dedicated to Agios Nikolaos the saint of the sailors and fishermen, which is also why it is built right next to the sea.

It is a small chapel, whose colours of white and blue remind one of the chapels situated in the islands of Greece. Its interior is filled with murals on both the walls and the ceiling. There is also a small bell tower.

The chapel is a very popular attraction to both tourists and locals. Its location and beauty make it a top preference for weddings and christenings as it also paved outside and can accommodate various events and celebrations. The church is celebrated on the 6th of December which is when the saint is honoured. 

Agios Nikolaos Chapel, Protaras photos: 
agios nikolaos
agios nikolaos
  • agios nikolaos
  • agios nikolaos chapel
  • agios nikolaos protaras
Agios Nikolaos Chapel, Protaras location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Ayia Triada Chapel, Paralimni

The Ayia Triada Chapel or Agios Trias or Trinity Church is situated three kilometres from Paralimni in the Ammochostos district. More specif...

Ayia Triada Fishing Harbour, Paralimni

The Ayia Triada Fishing Harbour is situated three kilometres from Paralimni in the Ammochostos district. More specifically it is situated in...

Ayia Triada Beach, Paralimni

The Ayia Triada Beach (Αγία Τριάδα) or Trinity Beach as it is called in English, is situated in the Paralimni area in the Ammochos...

Protaras Ocean Aquarium

The Protaras Ocean Aquarium is located in the area of Protaras in Cyprus. The aquarium is the home to over 1000 species such as piranhas,...

Church of Profitis Ilias, Protaras

The Church of Profitis Ilias is situated a little before the heart of the tourist area of Protaras and more specifically it is loc...

Agios Mamas Chapel, Paralimni

The Agios Mamas Chapel is situated in the Paralimni area of the Ammochostos district. It was built in 1930 by Dimitris Kalogiros. Dimitri...

Pages