The Petra Mine is situated in the Kalavasos village in the Larnaca district. It is located 2.5 kilometres east of the Platies Mine.
The reservoir was of a 500.000 tone size with an average content of 1.5% of copper and 40% of sulphur. Its mining activity began in 1953 at a depth of 50 metres and was terminated in 1966. A total of 290.000 tonnes of metal were excavated from the Petra Mine.