Starting Point: Connecting point of the Platres – Mesa Potamos River road with the tourist Moniatis – Platres – Troodos road, near Psilo Dentro.
Length: 9 kilometres
Time: 3 – 4 hours hiking
Difficulty: 3 (the nature trail is difficult due to the uphill / downhill pathway)
Points of Interest:
It follows the pathway through the thick pine trees, during the first kilometre while during the third kilometre at the highest points it goes through the thick and impressive forest of black pine (Pinus nigra subsp. pallasiana). At its highest points it offers a panoramic view.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Psilo Dentro - Pouziaris (Tall Tree) photos:
Psilo Dentro - Pouziaris (Tall Tree) location map: