The chapel of Agios Konstantinos and Agia Eleni is located on a mountainside, northeast and at a distance of 2-3 kilometres outside Kouklia village. It is said that it was the monastery of Agios Konstantinos and Agia Eleni and that monks used to live in the monastery.

During the Turkish Occupation it was destroyed inside and outside and was even used as a barn for animals. Today the only part which is saved is the central. Christians did not have any access to it then, and about 40 years ago the department of antiquities restored it to the temple which it is today.

The roof is concrete, white and semicircle. On its interior the stone can be seen but it is very poor. The hagiographies cannot be seen well and are very worn out, even though there are many attempts for their restoration.

Agios Konstantinos and Agia Eleni Chapel - Kouklia photos: 
Agios Konstantinos and Agia Eleni Chapel - Kouklia video: 
Agios Konstantinos and Agia Eleni Chapel - Kouklia location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Lagoudera or Agros - Madari Nature Trail

Location:  Agros – Lagoudera District: Nicosia Starting Point: Route 1:  From Agros: On the bypass road of Agros, at...

Agros - Kato Mylos Nature Trail

Location: Agros District: Limassol Starting Point: Near the Rodon Hotel at Agros (north) Length: 6 kilometres Time: 2 hours hi...

The Olive-mill of the Church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos - Agros Village

Traditional Olive Mill In 1930 the Olive mill was transferred from the basement of the all-girls school of Agros, to the traditional hou...

Frangoulidi Museum - Agros Village

The Frangoulidi Museum is situated in the village of Agros , in the Limassol district. The Museum  began its operation in 2004 and is n...

Church of Timiou Prodromou - Agros

The church of Timiou Prodromou was built east of the village of Agros in the Limassol district around 1860. The church was built with the...

Church of Saint Gerasimos

The chapel of Saint Gerasimos was built at the beginning of our century as is located northeast of the village of Agros in the Limassol dist...

Pages