The Panagia Church is situated in the village of Liopetri in the Ammochostos district. The village already had another church dedicated to the Virgin Mary which is called Panagia Eleousa.

During the passing of time and due to the Turkish invasion, the residents increased and a larger church was built in order to accommodate the needs of the community. The larger newer church is also dedicated to the Virgin Mary. It is dated to 1987 and encompasses the chapel of Agiou Silianou.

Panagia Church, Liopetri photos: 
panagia church liopetri
panagia church liopetri
Panagia Church, Liopetri location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Armyropigado beach (Scouts beach)

The Armyropigado beach or Scouts beach is located in the Kappari area of Protaras and has a length of 100 metres and a width of 30 metres. ...

Skoutarospyloi Beach

Skoutarospylioi beach is located at the outreach of Kappari Avenue in Protaras, after the Protaras – Cavo Greco roundabout and in particul...

Ayia Triada Beach, Paralimni

The Ayia Triada Beach (Αγία Τριάδα) or Trinity Beach as it is called in English, is situated in the Paralimni area in the Ammochos...

Protaras Ocean Aquarium

The Protaras Ocean Aquarium is located in the area of Protaras in Cyprus. The aquarium is the home to over 1000 species such as piranhas,...

Ayia Triada Fishing Harbour, Paralimni

The Ayia Triada Fishing Harbour is situated three kilometres from Paralimni in the Ammochostos district. More specifically it is situated in...

Ayia Triada Chapel, Paralimni

The Ayia Triada Chapel or Agios Trias or Trinity Church is situated three kilometres from Paralimni in the Ammochostos district. More specif...

Pages