To the south of the village of Agios Therapondas, in the Limassol district is a small chapel of byzantine architecture which is dedicated to the Virgin Mary Chrisospiliotissa.

The chapel was built in 1928 and many years later it was renovated in both 1982 and 2000 without changing its architecture.

According to tradition, the chapel was built in the position of an older temple from which there are no remains left. It is worth mentioning that under the church, there are caves in which monks lived in.

During the era when the Christians were chased, the caves were a hiding point for the monks. From a hole in the cave the villagers gave them food and fruit. Also they received water by placing a jug in which rain would fall into.

Virgin Mary Chrisospiliotissa Chapel photos: 
chrisostyliotissa agios therapon
chrisostyliotissa agios therapon
  • chrisostyliotissa agios therapon
  • panagia chrysostyliotiotissa
Virgin Mary Chrisospiliotissa Chapel video: 
Virgin Mary Chrisospiliotissa Chapel location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Timios Prodromos Chapel

In the village of Potamiou in the Limassol istrict there are the ruins of three chapels. One of these chapels was dedicated to Timio Prod...

Agios Mnasonas Chapel - Potamiou Village

To the west side of Potamiou village in the district of Limassol, are the ruins of the chapel dedicated to Agio Mnasona. It is a church o...

Agia Marina Chapel - Potamiou Village

The Agia Marina chapel, the main church of the community is located in the entrance of Potamiou village in the Limassol district. It is a...

Pachna Village

The community of Pachna is located in the district of Limassol. It is near the Troodos mountain range, northwest of the district of Limassol...

Yaskouris Winery - Pachna

Yaskouris Winery is located in the village of Pachna in the Limassol district. It is situated 500 metres outside the village, in privately o...

Pages