The Pera Pedi Dam is situated about two kilometres north of the Pera Pedi Village in the Limassol district. More specifically, it is built over the Krios River, a tributary of Kouris River at an altitude of 840 metres. It has a height of 22 metres, a volume of 4.000 square metres and a surface of 12.000 square metres. It is a gravity concrete dam, with a capacity of 55.000 square metres.

The Pera Pedi Dam was constructed by the Department of Water Development between May 1954 and December 1955, aiming to irrigate 14, 7 hectares of land grown with deciduous fruit trees. The land was owned by the villages of Pera Pedi and Koilani. From a geological point of view, the dam area is located on the reading of the Troodos silica cluster.

 Various aquatic birds as well as fish find refuge in this dam, making the location and ideal destination for bird watching or fishing. The dam is also part of cycling routes that reach until Mesa Potamo

Visitors can get to the dam by following the course north of the Pera Pedi village, turning left after Trimiklini village on the Limassol – Troodos Road.

 

Name:

Pera Pedi Dam

Location:

Limassol District

Year built:

1956

River:

Krios

Purpose:

Irrigation

Type:

Gravity

Dam category:

Large

Capacity:

55.000 m3

Pera Pedi Dam photos: 
pera pedi dam
pera pedi dam
  • pera pedi dam
  • dam of pera pedi
  • pera pedi dam cyprus
Pera Pedi Dam location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Agiou Antoniou Chapel, Deryneia Village

The Agiou Antoniou Chapel is located in Deryneia village in the Ammochostos district. More specifically it is situated on Agia Marina Street...

War Memorial - Deryneia Village

The Monument of the Heroically Fallen, Massacred and Missing of 1974 is located in the village of Deryneia in the Ammochostos district. I...

Municipal Amphitheatre - Deryneia Village

The municipal amphitheatre of Deryneia is located on Iroon Street, next to the Deryneia Theme Park, in the Deryneia Village.  Moreov...

Cultural Centre of Occupied Famagusta

The Cultural Centre of Occupied Famagusta was built in 1998 on the line of controversy near the Deryneia barricade in the Ammochostos distri...

Panagia Chapel - Deryneia Village

The old temple of Panayia - Genniseos tis Theotokou (Birth of Theotokos) is located in the centre of Deryneia , in the Ammochostos district ...

Agiou Konstantinou and Agias Eleni Church - Deryneia Village

The Church of Agiou Konstantinou and Agias Eleni  is located in the village of Deryneia in the Ammochostos district. More specifical...

Pages