Location: Troodos- Prodromos
Starting Point: 300 metres from the connecting point of the Chionistra road towards Troodos road.
Length: 7 kilometres
Time: 2, 5 – 3 hours hiking
Points of Interest:
Some interesting points in the nature trail are the black pine trees, rare types of flora and rocks in the area. There is also access towards two perennial trees of black pine (Pinus nigra subsp. pallasiana) which are 500 years old. A historical interest is the ‘Teisia tis palias Horas’ which are ancient ruins of temporary fortress buildings which were constructed during the last year of the Venetian occupation in Cyprus (1571 A.D). The trail is circular around the Olympus mountain peak (Chionistra) at an altitude of 1850 metres and it offers an excellent view towards all the directions. The Artemis nature trail can also connect to the Atalanti nature trail.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Artemis Nature Trail photos:
Artemis Nature Trail location map: