Location: Kionia – Vavatsinia
Starting Point: Kionia – Vavatsinia Road (2 kilometres from the Kionia picnic site)
Length: 3, 2 kilometres
Time: 1- 1, 5 hours hiking
Points of Interest:
A visitor can enjoy the view towards all the areas of Nicosia, Larnaca and Limassol from various places. The area in which the nature trail is, has something special compared to the rest of the Machera Forest since it is covered with the endemic Latzia (Quercus alnifolia).
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Dyo Mouttes - Pavliades Nature Trail photos:
Dyo Mouttes - Pavliades Nature Trail location map: