Location: Agios Georgios - Peyia
Starting Point: Agiou Georgios - Peyia – Lara Beach Road. About 3 kilometres from Agio Georgio there is a sign which shows the direction towards the Gorge.
Length: 1, 1 kilometre
Time: 0,5 – 1 hour walking
Points of Interest:
The impressive geoformations, the path within the gorge and the rare endemic Centaurea akamantis which grows on the shady rocks make it especially interesting for the visitors.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Faraggi tou Avaka ( Avakas Gorge) Nature Trail photos:
Faraggi tou Avaka ( Avakas Gorge) Nature Trail location map: