Location : Fini
Starting Point: Chantara Waterfalls
Route 1: Trooditissa Monastery (at an altitude of 1300 metres)
Route 2: Fini Communityn (at an altitude of 900 metres0
Length: 4, 3 kilometres
Points of Interest :
The whole path is located on a dirt road which connects the village Fini to the Trooditisas monastery. The nature trail is part of the National Forest Park of Troodos and during its whole length a visitor can admire its rich greenery. At the same time the view towards the Fini village is majestic.
It is an easy path with many turns and thick greenery due to the morphology of the ground. The whole pathway towards the Holly Monastery of Trooditissis is uphill due to the height difference.
The path’s aim is to inform and educate the visitor on the fauna and flora, the ecology as well as other elements of nature. It combines education with exercise, visual enjoyment as well as psychological relaxation.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)