Starting Point: At the Arsos village, the Athkies water fountain on the main road towards Agios Nikolaos. It then goes through the village. It can follow an opposite course from the Poullin water fountain at the west part of the village.
Length: 2 kilometres
Time: 45 minutes hiking
Points of Interest:
The trail is along the river from the Athkies water fountain until the Poullin water fountain passing by two other traditional water fountains and with other smaller rivers towards the medieval chapel of Panagia as well as the traditional Olive mill.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Arsos Nature Trail photos:
Arsos Nature Trail location map: