The Church of Timios Prodromos is located in the village of Kedares in the Paphos district.
To the west side of the village is the Church of Timios Prodromos, the saint of the village. This church was built in 1883, while the templo was made a year later with funds from Antonis Hadjichristou and Achilleas Chrysostomou. The church has one of the nicest templo for that period.
The icons that stand out in this temple are those of Christ, one that was painted in 1628 and a second one that was painted in 1708, as well as the icon of Agious Anargyrous, Kosma and Damiano painted in 1724, and the icons of Timiou Prodromou and Agiou Spyridona painted in 1791 by the Cretan hagiographer Ioannis Kornaros. The epitaph of the church is also very beautiful and was bought in Russia.
Church of Timios Prodromos - Kedares photos:
Church of Timios Prodromos - Kedares location map: