The church of Agios Therapon is located in the centre of the village of Agios Therapontas in the Limassol district.

The construction of the church began in 1816 and was completed in 1880. It was officially opened in November 1910 from the Metropolite Meletio.

According to tradition, the church of Agiou Theraponda was constructed at the point which the saint had showed on his way through the village. In particular the saint had seen a lit candle at the position where the church is today, and mentioned it to a Shepard named Christoforos. After this, the villagers new that the church had to be built at that position.

In the interior of the temple is a wooden carved templo. It is one of the three temple which were made by the technician Yiavropoulo. The memory of the saint is celebrated on the 14th of October and on the 27th of May.

Many Christians go to the church in order to pray and see a part of the Holly remains of the Saint which are kept in the church. 

Agiou Therapon Church - Agios Therapontas Village photos: 
Agiou Therapon Church - Agios Therapontas Village location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Timios Prodromos Chapel

In the village of Potamiou in the Limassol istrict there are the ruins of three chapels. One of these chapels was dedicated to Timio Prod...

Agios Mnasonas Chapel - Potamiou Village

To the west side of Potamiou village in the district of Limassol, are the ruins of the chapel dedicated to Agio Mnasona. It is a church o...

Agia Marina Chapel - Potamiou Village

The Agia Marina chapel, the main church of the community is located in the entrance of Potamiou village in the Limassol district. It is a...

Pachna Village

The community of Pachna is located in the district of Limassol. It is near the Troodos mountain range, northwest of the district of Limassol...

Yaskouris Winery - Pachna

Yaskouris Winery is located in the village of Pachna in the Limassol district. It is situated 500 metres outside the village, in privately o...

Pages