The Apostolou Thoma Chapel is situated in the Municipality of Paralimni in the Famagusta district. More specifically it is built in a graveyard. It was built during the first decade of the previous century during the years 1905-199. It is of an old ancient Greek tradition to build temples on the graves of saints. It is a small chapel, with a tiled roof and stone pillars.The interior of the chapel is simple with a few icons.

The chapel celebrates on the Sunday of Thomas (Κυριακή του Θωμά). It is not a fixed date as it changes each year. It is the Sunday after the Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday. Many locals visit the chapel on this day in order to decorate the graves of their loved ones.

Apostle Thomas was one of the twelve students of Jesus. After Jesus was crucified, he wanted to see proof that he had been resurrected from the dead. Jesus showed him the marks on his hands from the nails and the hole on his side. One he touched them Apostle Thomas immediately believed that he was the true son of God.

Apostolou Thoma Chapel, Paralimni photos: 
apostle thomas chapel
apostle thomas chapel
  • apostle thomas chapel
  • apostolou thoma chapel
Apostolou Thoma Chapel, Paralimni location map: 

Nearby Places and things to do (within 5 km radius)

Agiou Nektariou Church, Paralimni

The church of Agiou Nektariou is situated in the Paralimni area in the Ammochostos district. The church was built in 1992 due to the requ...

Paralimni Lake

Paralimni Lake is located in the eastern part of Cyprus in the Ammochostos district a little outside of Paralimni. It is one of the most...

Agios Panteleimonas Chapel, Paralimni

The Agios Panteleimonas Chapel is situated in the Paralimni area in the Ammochostos district. The chapel was built in the ruins of two older...

Agios Dimitrios Church, Paralimni

The Agios Dimitrios Church is situated in the Paralimni area of the Ammochostos district. The church began being built in 1993 and was compl...

Agios Mamas Chapel, Paralimni

The Agios Mamas Chapel is situated in the Paralimni area of the Ammochostos district. It was built in 1930 by Dimitris Kalogiros. Dimitri...

Skoutarospyloi Beach

Skoutarospylioi beach is located at the outreach of Kappari Avenue in Protaras, after the Protaras – Cavo Greco roundabout and in particul...

Pages