The Archangelos Michael Church is situated in the area of Paralimni in the Ammochostos district. More specifically it is located towards the south side of the town, a few metres behind the Third Primary School of Paralimni. It was built during the 1920’s in the same position as a previous church which was also dedicated to Archangelos Michael.
It is a small whitewashed church with roof tiles and a bell tower. Its interior has a wooden templo with six large icons and a row with thirteen smaller icons. The rest of the church is painted with colourful murals. There is also a large icon of Archangelos Michael in the middle of the church to whom the chapel is dedicated to.
The particular church has an icon of Jesus that is linked to the freedom fight of EOKA during 1955-59. The British soldiers did not respect the holiness of the church and killed a soldier who hid in there in order to save his life. The bullet however did not hit the soldier, but the icon of Christ and so the soldier was saved.
Archangelos Michael Church, Paralimni photos:
Archangelos Michael Church, Paralimni location map: