The Panagia Chryseleousa Church is situated in the village of Athienou in the Larnaca district. It is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and was built in 1947.
The foundation stone was deposited by the Metropolites Derkon Ioakeim and Serdeon Adamantion of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, who were here to set up a meeting for the election of the Archbishop.
The church operated for the first time on the 21st of November 1959. The form which the dome has today was given in 1994. The iconostasis is made of Italian marble and was placed in 1967, while the murals were completed in 2012.
The architectural rhythm is byzantine and the stone used is local from the Oros. The doors that exist today were placed in 1997 while the previous ones were metal. The church operates every Sunday and during great celebrations as well as during wedding ceremonies.