Starting Point: On the Troodos – Prodromos main road, a little further from the Prodromos Dam. As for the ending point there is a choice of two paths which end in different points on the Pedoulas – Kakopetria road.
Route 1: 4, 5 kilometres
Route 2: 5, 5 kilometres
Time: 1, 5 – 2 hours
Difficulty: 3 (very steep route)
Points of Interest:
Excellent view towards the Morphou Bay and the Troodos Mountain range. The nature trail passes through the thick forest of pines in the National Forest Park of Troodos. There is a panoramic view to the east, towards the abandoned chrome mines.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Prodromos Dam – Stavroulia Nature Trail photos:
Prodromos Dam – Stavroulia Nature Trail location map: