Starting Point: Vavla , Community centre
Length: 10, 5 kilometres
Time: 3-4 hours hiking
Points of Interest:
The nature trail starts from the community centre, follows a course along the farm roads and at a distance of 3 kilometres it passes by the Panayia tis Agapis chapel. From the chapel it follows a course along the engraved trail, it crosses the river of Agiou Mina and it then connects with the farm road which follows a course along the peak line offering a panoramic view. A part of the nature trail, about 2 kilometres follows the course of the river bank where a visitor can enjoy the rich vegetation.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Vavla - Panayia tis Agapis - Vavla Nature Trail photos:
Vavla - Panayia tis Agapis - Vavla Nature Trail location map: