Location: Pano Panagia
Starting Point: The village Pano Panagia , opposite the cultural centre under the church.
Length: 9, 8 kilometres
Time: 3 hours walking
Points of Interest:
At the hightest points it offers excellent view towards the village Panagia ,Akamas , the Paphos forest and the Troodos mountain range and generally towards all the directions. The nature trail passes from vineyards and from the area Natura 2000 Vouni Panagias. Towards the end, a visitor can choose between two paths. One path leads towards the Monastery of Chrysorogiatissa and then though the Panagia community. The other pathway which is shorter goes straight to the community. There is also access towards the Vouni fire station of the Forest department.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Vouni Nature Trail photos:
Vouni Nature Trail location map: