Malounta is a village in Cyprus, which is located in the district of Nicosia, near the villages Klirou, Arediou and Saint John.
During the inventory in 2001 it had 402 residents. The village is built at the north side of the Troodos mountain range, at an altitude of 415 metres. The name of the village came from Malounta Apollona.
The existence of Mallounda can be traced back to the medieval times when it was a feud. In old western manuscripts it is mentioned as either Melonda or Millondo, while near the village traces of a medieval habitat have been found.
Mallounda has always been a Greek village and its population development has been: in 1881 it had 90 residents, in 1891 it had 109, in 1901 it had 115 residents, in 1911 it had 142, in 1921 151, in 1931 164, in 1946 181, in 1961 155, in 1973 188, in 1976 180, in 1982 258 and in 1992 319 residents. The increase in the population over the years was due to the creation of a migration community after the war in 1974.
At the end of the 1970’s the constitution of ELDIK ruled in Malounda while every year on the 15th of May, a celebration in organised in memory of Saint Panigiriou. Also in the village there is an old church of Chrysopandanassa which is dated to the end of the 18th century.