Location: Chandria –Polystypou – Selladi tou Karamanli
Starting Point: Near the Fire Lookout Station of Madaris. Ther is access to the starting point by the Chandria – Polistypos road. The last 800 metres of the road are part of a dirt road, which is narrow and steep. It ends at the Selladi tou Karamanli , where there is access towards the Saranti village 1,5 kilometres (paved road) and towards the Spylia village 6 kilometres (dirt road).
Length: 3, 5 kilometres
Time: 1, 5 hours hiking
Difficulty: 3 (very difficult downhill trail)
Points of Interest: Excellent view towards the Morphou Bay, the Mesaoria Valley and the Troodos Mountain range in general. The trail it follows is through the forest of cedar trees, which is located at the middle of the trail. It is connected with a network of nature trails in the area and in particular with the nature trails Madari – Doxasi o Theos , Moutti tis Choras – Selladi tou Karamanli and Selladi tou Karamanli – Kannavia. It is also connected with the nature trail Lagoudera – Agros with a paved road of 2 kilometres.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)