Starting Point: Between the Platres church and the centre of the village, closer to the church. The ending point has access to the waterfall by car, dirt roads which start at a point in the main road of Platres – Limassol about 1kilometre after the Psilo Dentro (Tall Tree).
Length: 1, 2 kilometres
Time: 0,5 hour hiking
Points of Interest:
The nature trail leads to the Millomeri Waterfall though rich vegetation. The first part of the trail follows a parallel course of the Kryos River. The second part of the trail leads to an open mountain with splendid view towards the south.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)
Millomeri Waterfall Nature Trail photos:
Millomeri Waterfall Nature Trail location map: