Location: Trooodos – Karvounas
Starting Point: The road which leads to the Kambos tou Livadiou picnic site , which is located between the Troodos square and Karvounas , 1, 5 kilometres from the Troodos square and 9 kilometres from Karvounas. The starting point is about 300 metres further up from the narrow paved road. After a course of 1 kilometres at the trail which is accessible for wheelchairs, the visitor is at a crossroad with a wooden sign stating: towards Mnimata Piskopon (to the northwest) , while the first kilometre is part of the Kambos tou Livadiou Nature Trail. It ends at a dirt road which connects Platania with Agio Nikolao tis Stegis.
Length: 8 kilometres
Time: 3 hours (until the dirt road of Platania – Agios Nikolaos tis Stegis)
Points of Interest:
The nature trail passes through thick black pines, follows a path near the edge of a cliff with a view towards the Chromiou River, the Solea Valley and the Morphou Bay. The nature trail ends at the forest road of Platania – Apotheri – Agios Nikolaos with a choice of 3 different paths which end at Agios Nikolaos tis Stegis at the Kakopetria village and at Platania accordingly. It connects with the Kambos tou Livadiou Nature Trail as well as the Livadi Nature Trail.
Rules of conduct for Visitors
Visitors of nature trails sites should follow some basic rules of conduct to ensure the least possible harm to the environment but also to ensure the comfort of other guests.
The most important of these rules are the following:
- Keep the area clean. Collect all the rubbish that have emerged and put them in bins. If for any reason there are no bins or if it is full, then take your trash with you. Do not leave plastic bags outside, because they are usually scattered by stray dogs, foxes etc.
- Do not make unnecessary noises, respect the rights of the others for peace and quiet.
- Cutting plants, tree bark harassing nests, damaging the environment are banned by the forestry legislation.
- Park your car in parking lots.
- Use the water with caution. Don't waste it.
- Solicit other guests to obey by the basic rules of conduct.
- If you notice a fire, immediately call the number 1407 (24 hours, toll-free)